Beautiful People - Lord Nathan

søndag 22. mai 2011

Ack, how can people persuade me as much as they are doing now? It’s not fair. I cannot believe I said yes to writing about Lord Nathan Heverrick. Poor man. I cannot, however, take any credit over this questionnaire. Georgie and Sky as the ones to blame and you can find them over here.

As most of you know, he comes from my story Sails for The Western Sea and this is a few tidbits on his character.

1. What type of laugh does he have?
Lord Nathan’s laugh is similar to a pig’s laugh. It mostly sounds like a snort or a snerk in the beginning, before it turns out to an outright laugh which you know comes from the heart. When it’s a forced laugh though, it sounds mostly like a dry laughter which mostly just pronounces the “heh heh” instead of laughing it.

2. Who is his best friend?
He’s never been much of a social person and he never was so, but as the story goes on, he gets to know Ewan and they develop a friendship that is very dear to both of them. Both he and you will know that nobody can take the other’s place in that friendship, no matter what.

3. What is his/her family like?
He comes from a very noble family, hence the title Lord. His mother and siblings never played a big part in the story, but they are good people. His father however, is very similar to Nathan as the same time as he’s completely different. They stand for the same values, but his father would approach it differently than Nathan, but which way is the best; that’s for the reader to decide.

4. Is he/she a Christian, or will he/she eventually find Jesus?
Yes, Lord Nathan is a Christian. He’s been a Christian for as long as he could remember, but the faith hasn’t really played such a big part of his life as it should have. During the story however, his faith will grow, and it’s first then he will become a true Christian who lives for Jesus and does what he does because of his faith.

“”I once was blind but now I see". Didn't I write that?” “Yes, you did.” “Now at last it's true.” – From Amazing Grace


5. Does he believe in fairies?
Because of his wandering mind, I would say it’s plausible. He never has an opinion regarding fairies because they don’t seem to interest him very much, but he likes to think about creatures of myth. Having included mythological creatures into his own stories as well as having a genuine interest in it, he would very much like it to be true, but he is unsure of what to think.

6. Does he like hedgehogs?
That’s... A very interesting question. He care about animals, but hedgehogs seem to scare him in an odd fashion. It’s among the small animals which he has problems with; alongside with rats, lemmings and snakes. I know Lord Nathan would love to come back to that point, but for now; no, he doesn’t like them very much.

7. Favourite kind of weather?
A day with clouds in the sky alongside with the sun. It should be warm enough, but not too hot because he’ll just get mad then. There should also be wind because it’s then he feels comfortable and safe. What more is, he doesn’t mind the snow too much either as long he doesn’t have to travel through it.

8. Does he have a good sense of humour? If so what kind? (Slapstick, wit, sarcasm, etc.?)
Does Lord Nathan have a good sense of humour? No. Do the others laugh at him? No. Does he laugh at himself? Yes. His humour is rather dry and when he uses his puns, other’s are just giving him a queer look. They cannot quite understand him, and Nathan would say he’s humour isn’t weird; other’s just don’t get it. As the times goes on, he also develops a humour based on sarcasm (alongside with his bad puns, of course), but the sarcasm is only used at times when he is unsure or worried in one way or another.

9. How did he do in school, or any kind of education they might have had?
He has a rather good education, especially when it comes to mathematics and languages. He’s graduated of course, but he walks around, knowing sine and cosine by heart. Lord Nathan speaks two languages as well; English and French.

10. Any strange hobbies?
Yes, his hobbies can be strange at times. Among them, you’ll find: Annoying himself because of his tight shoes (a brilliant hobby), writing about myths and the Arthurian Legend, collection stones, quote famous men, scrunch his wee little nose and smile before he turns the lights out and go to bed. The last one is not exactly a hobby, but he has to do so every night.

Yup, there we go. Now, at last, I can start working with my English homework. (Pfft, like I wanted to do so anyway.) And as you know, Lord Nathan is my characters, so nobody; I repeat NOBODY, should as much think about stealing him.

6 Quips and Anecdotes:

Abigail Hartman sa...

Love the pig's laugh! Lord Nathan is terrific. Are you going to do Ewan as well? I need to post one of these...

Ajnos Gamgee sa...

"6. Does he like hedgehogs?
That’s... A very interesting question. He care about animals, but hedgehogs seem to scare him in an odd fashion. It’s among the small animals which he has problems with; alongside with rats, lemmings and snakes. I know Lord Nathan would love to come back to that point, but for now; no, he doesn’t like them very much."


Ah shame, the poor man. I shall have to have a word with him. Perhaps if you introduce him to me, he might overcome his fear ;-)

But seriously - I love your blog Marthe >'.'<

Megan Langham sa...

What fun, Marthe! I'm quite fond of Lord Nathan, so it was lovely to see a whole blog post revolving around him. Oh, and by the way, he likes the exact same sort of weather as I do. ^.^

Anonym sa...

Reading this makes one want to see more of your story. ^.^

I love it, Marthe. And I simply adore the fact that Lord Nathan scrunches his nose every night, and makes a hobby out of annoying himself with tight shoes (I rather think /I/ do that at times...). ^.^

Jenny Freitag sa...

Walking around with sine and cosine known by heart, what fun! Oh, I love Lord Nathan. You write such fun characters, Marthe. Lord Nathan is simply too much fun, and such a dear in his bad-puns, stiff sarcasm sort of way, tight shoes and all.

By the way, I adore your new blog layout. It's gorgeous.

Anonym sa...

His sense of humor sounds a little like me... except that I do often make other people laugh. BUT, sometimes I'll be in a rather hyper mood and think everything I say is funny even when it's not. When I laugh at myself, though, and don't really show any embarrassment, other people tend to laugh, too. At me or with me, I'm not sure. LOL

Anyway, great character and thanks for introducing us! ;)

Legg inn en kommentar