Beautiful People: Ewan

søndag 19. juni 2011

Pfft, I feel I should cook my own words and eat them. I talked about a different blog post, but instead, I write a third one and I post it. I believe there is a part of me who never will be able to keep my mouth closed. My excuse though, is the fact that Georgie and Sky have posted another list of questions for the Beautiful People questionnaire. Having enjoyed it earlier, I wanted to do it again.

Once a month Sky and Georgie will be posting a list of 10 questions for you to answer about your characters. You can use the same character every month, or choose a new one for each set of questions. Your call. You can answer all the questions, just one, or however many you have the time and energy to answer. Just go for it and have fun.


Lord Nathan has to stay away for now because I wanted to look at Ewan Archiebald Tyde. He hasn’t got much attention lately. Even worse, I’ve only worked on Nathan the last time. Ewan was the one I started it all with, and he’s probably the character I really do have a plan for. I think rather few people know his true character, but I believe Wonderful Life gives you a helping hand. I have to warn you though; it’s not like you think it is. Ewan is different from Nathan, but it’s an advantage. Yes, he is much more of a beautiful person than what he thinks.


1. What kind of music does he/she like?
Ewan adores a bit of classic music as well as Celtic music. Still, his heart is especially weak to violas and violins. At the sea though, he got his own little flute which he loves very muchly. The flute’s music has made this a genre from him to like, so it should absolutely be included.

2. Does he/she like to go outside?
Yes! He’s very much of the person who likes to sit outside, walk outside or anything similar. At home, he would often be outside and while being at the sea; he gets even more time to be outside.

3. Is he/she naturally curious?
Yes, I would say so. He keeps his eyes open to see if something does happen, and most of it is based on curiosity. Ewan if often found driven by curiosity (among other things) as well, but I wouldn’t say that he shares his discoveries with too many. (Ewan’s an eavesdropper. He probably plans it all behind my back. That’s what I tell myself.)

4. Favorite color?
Blue, I think. It suits him. (Well, I’m not sure he thinks it suits him.)

5. Where is he/she from?
He is from a strange galaxy from Far Far Away. No, really, he’s from a small village located in England. I haven’t decided exactly where in England it is or what it’s called, but it’s near the coast.

6. Any enemies?
Oh yes, the whole of France is against him. A whole army of Frogs wants to kill him. Ewan wouldn’t say that he has any proper, close enemies. Mr. Tyde is a peaceful man, but there is somebody who tries to keep him down. He isn’t bullied though, but they’re not nice to him.

7. Right, or left handed?
Right handed, even though he tries to write with both of them. He doesn’t want me to tell how badly it ends, so I won’t.

8. What are his/her quirks?
There aren’t many of them. Still, he seems to disappear at times while others can’t explain his behavior. The reason if fairly simple though, but they don’t get it. (He keeps a dairy – Ewan is such a sweet man.) I think it’s also safe to mention the fact that there is a hidden rebellion in him, which may or may not, cause trouble.

9. What kinds of things get on his/her nerves?
Injustice. Hands down. Something in him is ahead of his time, I think. He cares about what’s wrong and right, but in the wrong way. He does what he believes is right, but it may not always be so, and he knows. There is a divided dilemma. What more is, Ewan despites hair in his eyes, people who refuse to listen, writing he can’t read and losing games. And this is only the beginning…

10. Is he/she independent, or needs others to help out?
Yes and no. I’m sure Ewan would say he’s a rather independent man, but I don’t agree. Yes, he can take care of himself, but he does it in the wrong way. He needs guidance. Ewan needs somebody to lead him onto the right path, and from that, he can be independent in my eyes.

There you’ve got him! ^.^ It doesn’t tell exactly who he is, but it definitely tells you something about his character. Now, maybe I need to work more on the character… I’m sure he would like some attention. I’ve left him with trouble. How nice of me…

Sun's in your eyes, the heat is in your hair. They seem to hate you because you are there. And I need a friend, oh, I need a friend to make me happy; Not stand here on my own.

3 Quips and Anecdotes:

Anonym sa...

Love it! I agree with Ewan, blue is an awesome color. :)

And I love his name! :) I've read a bunch of awesome names through Beautiful People... It's fantastic!

Hugs!
Taylor Lynn <3

Marthe sa...

Aww, thank you, Taylor Lynn! ^.^

Indeed, people should look more towards blue. Blue is often not seen in it's beauty, I think. (Yes, I adore blue.) Heh, his name is rather suaitable for him, I think. I knew I was going to have an Archiebald there, and Ewan and Tyde just did fit. And indeed, Beautiful People lets you see your own work as well as others. It's brilliant, I think. *doth hug!*

Anonym sa...

You're welcome, Marthe! :) I know what you mean about suitable names... some names just seem to fit, don't they? :)

I agree - Beautiful People is fantastic! I love finding out more about my characters, and reading about other peoples'. :) I'm rewriting one of my novels right now, but I'm hoping that before this month's Beautiful People ends I'll be done. Then I'm going to answer this month's questions about a character I'm creating for a new novel! I'm looking forward to it. :) Wish me luck!

Legg inn en kommentar