Where Marthe Rambles

lørdag 18. juni 2011

I feel I should do something practical or something similar, but I don’t want to. Why? I hath holiday! It’s so nice to know what I haven’t more school until late August. It's a bit more than two whole months. To me, it's more than what I could have asked for. What more is; no exams! My whole class was cheering at the message of three words which brought us the message. God is good. I was so scared, but now, I know that I do not have to be. There is no reason to fear school (for now). Still, even though it’s summer, I felt I had to do something today because I could not just stare into the dusty air...

It was then I took the great decision. I was going to make myself some early dinner! Already at this point, some warning bells should start to ring. As you all probably know, I’m a terrible cook. Sadly, that didn’t stop me. I got the great idea; why not fry some sausages and an egg or two? What a brilliant idea...

I started by putting the pan on the oven, only to put on the wrong plate. While cutting the sausages, the butter was literally boiling. I threw the sausages over, only to get a bigger explosion. Of course, I managed to burn them in all the butter. When getting them away, I threw on an egg. And guess! First, it looked like a duck, but when I turned it around, it was a bird mixed with a turtle! I had a turtle bird. ^.^ Amazingly enough, I ate it. Still, while taking off the pan from the oven and putting it in the sink, I poured soap on it. It’s safe to say that I was proud when the soap boiled. Oh, and I forgot to turn off the oven. Whoops!

I sat down to eat, but ack, I felt too lonely. Teddy was my only company, and he was outside. A fly scared him, so he ran away as fast as he could. However, I sat down to listen to music. To begin with, Daddy and I had been sitting listening and watching videos last evening. I had to show him Andrè Rieu’s verion of Amazing Grace. It gets me everytime, and yes, he almost cried. Furthermore, I had to show him something from Les Choristes. Caresse sur L'océan is a brilliant one, and I do hope we may get to watch it together soon. Oh, and I did listen to You're The Voice… It’s ruined forever. If it isn’t Ioan Gruffudd who’s taking over the world, it’s Merlin. I just know.

I know, I know; that isn’t a good blog post, is it? I believe it’s just general stuff I need to get out because (in fact), I’m trying to type a different one. It needs more brain cells than what I thought it would…

3 Quips and Anecdotes:

Ajnos Gamgee sa...

Hey Marthe. I liked this blog post. It tells me what you've been up to the last day or so, and sometimes that's the best type of blog post.

Your description of making dinner was so funny, yet you are so good at describing things, I could imagine it all happening as I read it. I'm also a useless cook. I've been learning to make supper the last couple of weeks tho' 'cause my mum's been sick (plus I have to learn how to fend for myself when I'm in Oxford).

Anyway, thanks for the post. It was good to "hear from you" as it were.

Lots of love and snugs

Ajjie >'.'<

Anonym sa...

Awww, my dear, you should read my newest blog post -- we are two peas in a pod.

Hurrah for holidays! I hope your time off of school is wonderful and relaxing. ^.^

Lilly sa...

"Where Marthe Rambles"
And my next thought was "It is awesome!"

Legg inn en kommentar