Writing Challange - Day Three

fredag 5. august 2011

And its day I’m-Not-Quite-Sure-So-We-Begin-To-Bend-The-Rules. Really, I haven’t posted for the last few days, so I’m just trying to hand on as well as I can. I only bend the rules a little bit so I can catch up. As always: The challenge is hosted by Lerowen from Eat...Sleep...Write. A specific subject is to be explored each day (for 15 days) and more information is to be found if you click the link.
Day Three - Your first Attempt at Writing

I’ve never said I had many memories from the time I was a little girl, walking around and being happy. There weren’t many of those days, but if I dig down into my memories, I may be able to come up with something. This challenge made me do so, and with the question, I almost have to laugh at myself.

My first attempt on writing; it’s a vague memory. I remember walking around as a young girl; I had my nose in books the whole time. People laughed at me, but I had the words. I dreamt about creating grand worlds with wizards and talking beats; magic and happiness. Those memories are maybe the merriest I can remember from that time. I longed after being in the top, grasping after the perfect words. Oh, I was going to be as great as my heroes. I grasped higher than what I should have, but I didn’t see that I never would reach the top. The plans were unfolding.

I believe I have memories of me trying to write something with my terrible handwriting or sticky keyboard. I can’t say I remember mush of the story because there isn’t any copy of it, but the heroes fought against the bad ones and the goodness would win. There would be happiness everywhere around. I’m fairly sure I was the main character in my story (see, my ego is growing more and more). In the story, I was happy.

Now you may ask; what happened to the bad guys? They never got their punishment. When everything was well, they were forgotten. I never punished them because I didn’t feel for doing so. Everything was well and I was pleased. However, I’m more than glad the story is gone. It’s carrying more bittersweet memories than what I wish to remember. Anyway, I’m sure I would have thrown it to Hugo and Bullemi so they could eat it.
Oh yes, everything begins somewhere, but not always with a bang.

4 Quips and Anecdotes:

Jenna Blake Morris sa...

I think the fact that you let the bad guys go unpunished can say a lot about you. Great post.

Abigail Hartman sa...

"Oh yes, everything begins somewhere, but not always with a bang."

So true. I'm dreading the prospect of answering this question when I get around to it. But your stories sound adorable, whereas mine were simply rubbish.

Also, I would like to remark on how cute that picture of you is.

Anonym sa...

Wee Pink Marthe in a basket! Oh the cuteness! The adorableness! It simply cannot be contained! ^.^

Your first-stories sound lovely and charmingly fairy tale-like. I admit I grew teary-eyed while reading this. You're a real trooper, you know that? A real champion of a person.

Snugs for you, søster.

Marthe sa...

You have a great point there, Jenna. I've never thought about it that way though. Thanks for the comment!

Oh, I'm sure you'll do well, Abigail. And adorable? I would rather go for "with no plot and half dead characters filled with Mary Sueness." The horror. Aww, and thank you for the comment regarding the picture. ^.^

Aww, you're so sweet, Katie! I was wee pink dot and I was reading a calendar. A calendar! I suppose everybody must start somewhere. (And I was just two years old then. :P) *shares a tissue* Thank you for your sweet words. *hug!hug!* You are a dear. (And now I'll need a tissue!)

Legg inn en kommentar