The Great Love

mandag 10. mai 2010

Yesterday, I started to think about something I haven’t thought about before. The Great Love. For somebody, this might sound a bit weird to may, but I think many Christians will understand it.

---

Yesterday, I got bit by a dog. What happened was that my dog and a different dog started to fight. I panicked and didn’t know what to do. Of course, I was afraid that my own dog would get bitten. The other dog didn’t have a collar but the owners were quite close to us. Well, after some seconds I stepped between the dogs, grabbed my dog and lifted him up. I have never been that scared before, I was shaking like mad. But what I noticed was the pain in my leg. Obviously, the other dog had bit my leg. It was after that I had been to the doctor I started to think about The Great Love.

---

I think pretty many would do the same thing as I did, even though it might be a bad idea. (Never stand between two fighting dogs!) You simply do it because of love. You care so much about your dog and you don’t want him or her to be harmed. You are willing to get hurt, because that is not the important thing in that moment.

---

But what is love? I’m sure scientists, famous people; theologians and so on have discussed this. I know I can’t give an answer to this, but I have some thoughts about it. And there is especially one thing that came to my mind.

---

John 3:16- “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” That is a verse that have meant so much to me. God gave His only son, Jesus Christ! That, I think, is what true love is. He loved us so much, but still we lived in sin. He didn’t stop to love us. He was still our Father, and He loved us. This is something many forget often, and even I do. We are blessed, but we don’t always think about it. Some of us don’t even care about it.

---

Jesus Christ died at the cross for us! He gave His life for us! He suffered for us! Why? He loved us. That was pure love. Love can be so many things, but I think that if we do sacrifice our self for somebody; that is true love. He did that, and we are blessed. We should love Him by all our heart, because He loves us. I’m proud of being a Christian and so should everybody be! ^.^ I love God and I love Jesus.

---

1 John 4:8- Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love

3 Quips and Anecdotes:

Jenny Freitag sa...

That Great Love from whom all other loves come down... This is a great insight, Queen. Thank you for this reminder.

Abigail Hartman sa...

"We love, because God first loved us."

Without God, there can be no true love in the world; He is the one who gives us love and makes us understand it, when we begin to realize how much He loves us.

Lilly sa...

I love this, Lu. Like Siber said, "This is a great insight." It really is though! It made me think, Jesus did the same thing for us. He took "the bite" so we didn't have too. And then I remembered in genesis the part of the verse that goes "...he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel." And that was all the way back in genesis. Wow! So thank you for sharing this with me, Lu. *hugs*

Legg inn en kommentar