Homeschooling

onsdag 26. mai 2010

Well, I was thinking about writing “Jill Pole (Part 2)” but I came to think about something different. There is something that has meant a lot to me, and it is one of my biggest wishes. Many of you who read this does probably know what I’m talking about. Yes, homeschooling. (Okay, the tile gave it away.)

But for a long while, I’ve wanted to be homeschooled. I have many reasons for this. You know why. School has simply been horrible. I know I’ve only got one month left until I graduate, but it seems like such a long time. Socially, I must admit that it has been like a nightmare. I tend to make thing bigger than what they really are, but sometimes the bad things seems do dark and you can’t see the hope; the light. When the girls at school are being mean, what are you supposed to do?

Another thing is when people are stepping on your faith. There happened something in the TLC chat room today. I will not blame anybody at all, please don’t get me wrong. But it was said something about when people were saying bad things about your faith. It is so hurting. It can’t be explained. I am not going to say so much more because most of you know it. But there is one thing I need to say.

Sometimes when people say something, it can be hurting. They might not see it at once and I don’t blame them. Think about others, please? (Jenny and Jeanne were here when it happened and none of you said anything wrong. I was rather thankful for the words you two said.) I know I am very sensitive, and I should not. But yes, I started to cry because I felt criticized when I have tried so hard. And I was somehow hurt so the tears just ran…. (And as I said, I’m not mad or anything. This is just thoughts.)

So there you have it. A burning wish. I’m not going to say anymore because I don’t have anything to say. I’ve cried, wrote this, and I am going to try to forget it. Simply forget it.

3 Quips and Anecdotes:

Abigail Hartman sa...

Aw, Queen, I'm sorry; I was afraid you would be hurt by that. But I don't agree with the comment that was made. Peer pressure, as Jenny said in her post a little while ago, isn't a little thing. It can affect a person in many different ways. I suppose you could even say that Peter succumbed to a type of peer pressure when he denied Jesus those three times - and perhaps it does mean that our faith, or the way we act on our faith, isn't constant. As humans, we simply aren't constant; the Bible describes us as sheep, that so often go astray. But God is merciful even in those situations, and is able to strengthen us in and through trials.

Peer pressure is, right now, the biggest trial you have to face - and I wish that you didn't have to. But that is what God has ordained for you right now, and He will see you through it. You know how you like to say that He must know what He is doing? Try to keep that in mind, and remember that your trials (whether they be peer pressure or something else) are strengthening your faith.

Jenny and I are supporting you. When you're being pressured by schoolmates, remember that there are two of your "peers" across the Atlantic who will always support you in your faith.

Lilly sa...

*hugs Lu!* I hope it wasn't me that said something. If it was I heartilly appologise!

Unknown sa...

Jeanne has put it all very well. You're a brave girl, Lucy, and I wish with all my heart you wouldn't have to face such cruelty at school. You know you have my support, too, and I've always got an ear to lend to listen and a shoulder to cry on if you need.

Legg inn en kommentar